Monday, December 14, 2009

Carrie Fisher's Fabulous Shoes

Until I go back to work (hopefully sometime this week), my days are relatively empty. I was sitting around this morning wondering what I should do with all of this time on my hands. Two months free between semesters and only part-time work weeks....who needs a better excuse to rewatch all the seasons of Sex and The City?

I must admit that I share Carrie's love for Manolos.

And so today I thought I would leave you with some words of wisdome from the designer himself.

"I like things that are timeless. I love when you see someone who has had the same pair of shoes mended again and again, for years. I love things that are made to last and I admire women who have style. As far as the changing fashions, I jsut love shoes; I don't give a damn about trends!"



I've been obsessed with these babies since I fist laid eyes on them. The leather looks like butter and they can clearly switch to so many outfits.

"I think women in flat shoes look beautiful-but-it is more difficult to look graceful. When women wear flat shoes they often walk: stomp, stomp, stomp- like a man. It is more of a challange to be feminine in flats. You look at Audrey Hepburn or Brigitte Bardot when they wore flats- they were beautiful; like little reindeer- but its not like that for everyone."


(images from Berdorf Goodman and qoutes from interview in Vogue UK)

1 comment:

Thanks so much for dropping a comment!
I love hearing your opinions and thoughts.

♥Kassie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails